10 November 2017

Choosing What to Give ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I realize that you may think I am getting a bit cart and horse here.  I promise to get to gratitude and the giving of thanks.  I do want to address something that is already bombarding our senses and making demands on us.

I saw my first Christmas advertisement before Halloween.  It was enticing me to visit a local chain store for the revealing of their great toy wall.  The local department stores are already ribboned and wreathed.   The airwaves are filled with suggestions of what is best and what to buy.

Now I want to be clear that I think it is never too early to talk about Christmas.  It is never too early to think about giving.  I do think that if we take some time to ponder what we are giving it can make us better prepared for the onslaught of expectations.  The demands for our time and attention do not have to rule us.

In pondering what to give we should also ponder what not to give.  This can prepare us to give thanks properly as well.  I am going to spend a few days pondering what to do to prepare for giving, not giving, and giving thanks.  Please join me Dear Reader as I impose a little positive preparation prior to the onslaught of all that is commercial about Christmas. 

I love Christmas and want to assure that in preparing for it I have the right spirit and attitude.  Please walk with me Dear Reader and let me know your thoughts and questions. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. I like how you emphasize the giving sprot and not just the *Christmas season* but about giving sprot from our heart. Yes I agree Christmas stuff before Halloween and other significant holidays is over the top. But after Halloween tis the season for giving. Giving thanks. Giving love. And bringing the ones we love closer to us. That is the real giving spirit of the season.

    ReplyDelete