01 November 2017

Revolution, Rebellion, or Reformation ~ All Saints Day

Greetings Dear Reader,

One may wonder what All Saints Day has to do with rebellion.  It is simple.  Our history is one of rebellion against the good things that the Father wishes for us.  Whether it is outright denial of his existence or treating those who disagree with us with scorn we all rebel in some way. 

Rebellion is the rejection or resistance of authority, control, or convention.  It is not always wrong to question these things.  It is always wrong rebel against that which is good.  We do this out of fear or greed.  We want what we want when we want it.

The path of peace does not include rebellion.  The journey home is from what our rebellion created.  All that has been lost to us is because of our choice to rebel against the Father.  The path home is the journey of faith and redemption. 

All Saints Day is the day to remember all those who are on this journey of faith.  Those who have reached the end of rebellion and accepted following in faith are those we celebrate.  We follow Christ toward that undiscovered country where the rebellion has been healed and good has been restored.

I realize that this sounds a little mystical or fantastic.  I know that not all of you agree with me.  My intention here is to honor all those who share my journey.  I wish to thank those who have gone before me and marked the path.  I am a bit jealous of those who have already made it home.  I cherish the company of those who travel with me now.  We do not always agree but when we care for each other the journey is richer.  Lastly, I hope to leave the path a little smoother for those who follow. 

To all the saints who make the journey, I am thankful that we have begun to mend our rebellious ways.  Thank you for your companionship along the way. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment