08 November 2017

Second Thoughts – The Silence in the Corner

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

There is a new silence in my life.  It crept in last night unannounced and without invitation.  It is the silence of a song that had become the companion of my solitude as I research and write. 

It is in this silence that I find the waiting echoes of all the noises I had blocked out with his simple song.  Last evening my bird, Landroval died.  This morning his early song was eerily absent as I read my Bible and prayed.  Throughout the day his chirps and small attempts at speech were a cacophonous absence.  The echoes of other voices that reach for me were louder and I had to fight harder to get through the day un-distracted.

He is so easily gone but not so easily missed.  It seems foolish to feel so much over a bird because it is too much and still not enough.  I am sure some of my other pent up pain is drifting out with his loss.  I am sure that I do not fully understand the love the Father has for this tiny spark of his creation.

I do, however, feel the full depth of the love I have for him, his song, and the conversations we shared.  The silence in the corner will have lease for a time.  In this I must not fail to see the outworking of all things to eventual good.  This loss will make me a better follower if I allow it to do so.

One cannot control the things one would.  One does not always get to say goodbye.  One can always say, “May your eyries receive you at your journey’s end.”   

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment