19 November 2017

Plenty’s Horn ~ Friends

Greetings Dear Reader,

I sometimes wonder if we have forgotten the what it means to have and be a friend.  I must say that I have an abundance of them.  “I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”  I promise that this works out to a compliment. 

As I address gratitude based on the ample flow of Plenty’s Horn into my life, I must count among my blessings the friends I have.  I am not going to mention any names here because I do not wish to leave anyone out and thus hurt and feelings.  I also do not wish to write a five-thousand-word post.

I did a brief accounting.  I have friends in seventeen countries.  They are on every continent including Antarctica.  I only counted the ones where I have met people face to face.  There are also a few whom I have only met through writing discussion or social media whom I consider real friends. 

I know someone in every state in this country.  Thousands of students have passed through my classrooms over the years.  In the town where I live my Daughter claims that I know every third person.  More often than not when I am out and about I chance upon someone I know.

The short of it is that I have many friends for whom I am very thankful.  I wish to express great gratitude for those who have gone above and beyond to help me in my recent troubling time.  Some day I hope to show my thankfulness in a way that touches your collective hearts.

Friends and a deep blessing to me.  I cherish them and never discount them.  You, Dear Reader, are precious to me as well.  I am so grateful for your presence.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment