09 November 2017

Ponds and Rivers ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Water must flow to live.  If I ponder all the places where God talks about water he is clear that it must flow.  It must have life and movement to be of value.  I am not the water but must be the conduit for it.

Havasupai Oasis
I must take in what is given me, not pollute it, and send it on to others.  This begs the question then of what is the water that I must pass on.  Without being too repetitive the answer is very simple.  Jesus makes it clear that if we come to him he will give us living water.  This is the embodiment of the two great commandments.  He very clear that everything else rests on these two things:

Love the Father with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength.
Love your neighbor as yourself.

I am intended to be a conduit for this living water.  I am not to boycott, hate, reject, or judge.  I am made for the purpose of assuring that the love of the Father flows through me to everyone.  I am not permitted to but political, social, or personal caveats that.  These pollute the water or hinder the flow. 

I am to love even those who hate me and want me dead.  I am required to assure that in the face of any opposition my actions are loving and kind.  The Father will take care of justice, retribution, and judgement.  Even in that understanding my heart must yearn for reconciliation, restoration, and reclamation.  In short with a very fine point on it, no matter what anyone has done to anyone else I must want him or her to find, understand, and embrace the love the Father has.

He assures me that if do this he will handle everything else.  He will also assure that if my delight is in him that I will not only be a good conduit but that I will produce beautiful valuable things in the process.  There is nothing better that I can imagine. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment