26 November 2017

Thanksgiving Leftovers – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

The last days of November, after Thanksgiving seem kind of a doldrums.  It is not yet December and the passing of Black Friday leaves many exhausted.  The world seems to resist the onset of Christmas preparations. 

Then there are the Thanksgiving leftovers.  They fill the fridge with odd containers of things that were hot and fresh on the Thanksgiving table but are now cold and expiring.  Some, like the apple dressing taste better the second day.  Some are never quite right when reheated.

These last days of November are such great opportunity to turn the corner well.  They are the chance to prepare the heart and mind for resisting the onset of avarice.  The chance to fill the heart with joy is abundant. 

As we move through these last days of November my intent is to focus on my own thoughts, feelings, and actions.  I wish to be sure that I am who I should be in these days no matter how difficult or easy they are.  I know you are busy Dear Reader but I truly value your company as we travel. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment