08 November 2017

Ponds and Rivers ~ Frozen Streams

Greetings Dear Reader,

As we get our first touches of the impending winter I ponder the times I have walked on frozen lakes and rivers.  It is the cold that freezes the water.  Soon enough the local lakes will grow little villages of ice-fishing shacks.   People will skate up and down the couple of smaller rivers that grow enough ice to make it safe.

It is the rivers that have my attention.  Rivers do not freeze solid.  Beneath the thick layer of ice, they still flow.  The life in the river continues beneath the ice.  Fish still swim and feed.  The cold death above may hinder the flow but life is still there.  Movement is still continuous.

We become froze at times.  Our lives may be filled with some form of cold death on the surface.  There are difficulties that keep us from movement.  Pain or sickness may cause us to stop.  Fear may freeze our ability to act.  Even at our most frozen there is still life in us to be the conduit.

I must never let the winters in my life keep me from being the conduit I am meant to be.  Whatever my capacity to flow I must embrace that and seek to grow it even when it is painful or difficult.  I do have to know the resources.  I must use what I am given as I am given it.  The thaw will come and I must be ready when it does.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)



No comments:

Post a Comment