06 November 2017

Ponds and Rivers ~ Marshes and Swamps

Greetings Dear Reader,

Rivers at times flow into wetlands.  We see marshes and swamps as things that are not good.  We build roads, bridges, and condominiums over them.  Occasionally we build a park so we can visit them.  We rarely, however, see their great value to rivers.

Wetlands are the natural filter for our water systems.  Swamps and mashes trap particulate matter that is dangerous for open water.  Moving water must flow through filters to remain pure and viable.

We influence the water with which we interact.  Even when we seem to be sluggish and slow we can filter that which flows through us so that it comes out better than when it came to us.  This fits with our mission in getting things back to good.  We are to leave things better than when we found them.  We are to be filters in the world.

The wetlands are good places as long as the water keeps flowing.  If they stagnate they become poisonous and dangerous.  When I find that I am in that slow moving, filtering place in life I must not stagnate.  I must keep taking in and flowing out.  I must not allow my place as a conduit of love and grace to fail simply because of the filtering obstacles in the path. 

In following Christ, we will be led through slow sluggish moments.  This does not mean that those moments are wasted.  As long as we continue to move with the flow we will get through to open water again.  We may not be able to see it.  We may not even have direction or understanding.   We will, however, find the good flow and come out purer if we allow the filter to do its work.

I can see in the places where I am in danger of stagnation.  I can see where I must move and resolve to do so.  There is no way out if I fail to move. 


Welcome to the planet
Welcome to existence
Everyone's here
Everyone's here
Everybody's watching you now
Everybody waits for you now
What happens next
What happens next

I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened before

Welcome to the fallout
Welcome to resistance
The tension is here
Tension is here
Between who you are and who you could be
Between how it is and how it should be

I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened before

Maybe redemption has stories to tell
Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell
Where can you run to escape from yourself?
Where you gonna go?
Where you gonna go?
Salvation is here

I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened
Today never happened
Today never happened before

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7/11/17 01:53

    I really loved this post. I was taught about water Erosion in school as a kid, and recently I was taught how our past has eroded those pathways of our thinking that cause us to continuously react the way we did in New and different situations. The thing about "letting go and let God" or " when we give our whole self to God" is giving up that eroded soil and letting Christ make new pathways. It sounds easy but as you mentioned it takes a whole lot of washing away and faith. Along with this includes baptism we are washing the soil clear and smooth again like a flood, washing away our past to invite Christ in to lead our new pathways with Him. This post Aramis has really got me to look inside and to remember that Christ washed me clean to start again as His child and in His care always. We are all wrapped in His care even you. Have faith and let Christ wash over you and all your sorrows and struggles. Thank you for sharing Aramis.

    ReplyDelete