29 October 2019

The Hallowed Days ~ PAX Hallows


Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the things that mark the Holy Days that should not is a lack of peace.  The entire purpose of the coming days is to focus on the peace that has been offered us freely.  Instead, we worry, bicker, and stress over things that are not supposed to have that effect on us.

I have heard several people lacking peace over costumes and events already.  I have even already heard anxiety about meal planning.  One dear friend confessed to me why she dislikes the Holy Days and it is all connected to a lack of peace with the past that infects the future.

If we are to be prepared for the Hallowed Days and the passage to which they are the gateway, we must make peace within our minds and hearts.  That peace must be forged in love.  It needs to be unconditional just like the love that fuels it.  This sounds easy but I know there are difficulties that feed it.

If I wish to have peace within this passage, I must not carry that which disrupts my peace.  I must lay aside the worry and resentment that rob me of peace.  I cannot carry any anger or bitterness and have peace.  I must forgive, forebear, and foster the peace I in which I wish to walk.  My words must be kind and gentle.  My thoughts must be loving and good. 

With some people, this is as easy as pumpkin pie.  With others, it is a moment by moment battle.  Everything about hallowing our days is related to seeking peace in every moment.  The idea is that we become the beacon of peace and allow things to wash over us that wish to rob us of that serenity. 

In reality, if we are forgiving in the moment, we are at peace.  If we remain hard to offend then peace reigns in us.  We become set aside or hallowed to peace when what we seek is to follow Christ in loving others.  That, Dear Reader, is something worth fighting for and we can win.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Twitter            

No comments:

Post a Comment