04 October 2019

Fat Souls ~ Body of Evidence


Greetings Dear Reader,

Last week I wrote about a gym and how much I respected the owners and their philosophy.  This in no way detracts from that.  As with all things, however,  there can be excesses.  Whilst that couple has balance and good priorities in fitness, many do not.  This extends to all areas of our appearance.

It does very little good for us to put an extreme focus on our appearance.  Whether it is fitness, clothing, or our current hairstyle, we gain little that is genuinely valuable when we put the attention to sharply on our appearance.  The fashion industry is designed to keep our souls lean.  If we are not dissatisfied with our current appearance then they do not make more money.

Someone mentioned recently that some of my clothing is way out of style.  My response was that I was not naked and the clothing still worked.  It forced me to ponder what makes my soul fat when it comes to my appearance.  I do not give a great deal of thought as to what I will wear and once I find something comfortable, I stick with it.  I still feel that I have too much clothing to travel as lightly as I wish. 

It is not wrong to like fine clothes and to have a good fashion sense.  What harms us is when we focus on our appearance over the things that matter.  If I delay or neglect others because I am making sure I look perfect, I am surely starving my soul.  I may be indulging pride and vanity over love and consideration.

I cannot tell anyone else how to dress or what to wear.  It is not my place.  I know that our culture often pressures us to look a certain way.  It may also be that the subcultures in which we travel demand levels of conformity when it comes to our appearance.  What we are supposed to consider, however, what draws us closer to Christ when we prepare to go out.  I would rather spend my time and resources on things that make me more available to you Dear Reader.  It is not a nice look that creates a lean soul.  It is those things we buy or do to excess for the sake of our appearance that keep our souls from being fat and our hearts from being focused.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Twitter            

No comments:

Post a Comment