01 October 2019

Fat Souls ~ Possessions


Greetings Dear Reader,

I spent the day helping my younger Son move.  By that, I mean that I drove a pickup truck filled with his stuff 800 miles to his new abode.  It was a good trip and went without incident.   What impressed me was how little stuff he had.  Some furniture is what required the truck.  The point is that he has surrounded himself with people and not possessions.

This caused me to ponder my continuing journey to possess less.  It also made me think about just how much stuff we have that we have little or no use for beyond possessing and storing it.  The things we have though, somehow become the owners and we are imprisoned by them.  I wonder then, how often we seek something from the Father and he looks at our storage and closets then gives us the “dad look”.

You all know that look when the parent looks at you without having to say a word.  We know what is being communicated and immedicably know the response.   I wonder how much of our stuff makes our souls lean in the eyes of the Father.  There are things that we have that weigh us down but starve us at the same time.  We have so much that we have no room for what we need.

As I work at becoming mobile and less burdened by this world, I know that there are still things I no longer need.  I also know that there are things that I need to acquire.  In seeking a fat soul, I want to be certain that I choose wisely.  What do you need to get rid of Dear Reader?  Let us agree to work toward lightening our load and fattening our souls.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Twitter            



No comments:

Post a Comment