09 October 2019

The Right to Change ~ What You Say About Others


Greetings Dear Reader,

More than once I have had my information about someone I have yet to meet tainted by people telling me something negative about her or him.  They usually think that they mean well even if they are engaging in simple gossip.  When I try to change the subject, they do not always get it.  When I am forced to be more direct, they often take offense.

The idea that we talk about others in a negative way at all is wrong.  Further, if we say negative things to people that do not know them, we deny them the right to change.  Further still, if we are murmuring about someone else, we are not loving or kind.  We may even convince ourselves that we are doing good by “warning” someone.  We are preloading a denial of someone’s right to change.

It is the talk that does the damage.  It damages the future encounter between two people.  It hinders the efforts of others to do better.  It harms the one murmuring about others.  When we gossip, we light a fire that burns us, the guilty, and the innocent.  It is not in keeping with the love that is to be our benchmark and our lead. 

I must thread that careful eye of hearing what I need to hear to show love and compassion but never telling negative tales.  I must not listen when others say that which is unkind or quarrelsome about people.  I must always take people as they are in the moment and never preload an opinion based on what others say.  My disposition must be to love and grace Dear Reader.  Everyone deserves the opportunity to be better today than he or she was yesterday.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Twitter            

No comments:

Post a Comment