02 October 2019

Fat Souls ~ Feasts of Famine


Greetings Dear Reader,

For a brief period in my younger life, I was fit, strong, and worked hard to be that way.  Then due to choices and circumstances,  The imbalance left me pursuing food and not considering that I was leaving out part of my pursuit of Christ in the effort.
I gained much weight and was quite unhealthy.


In later years I determined to become more vigilant over what I sought and why I sought it.  The why of it was difficult and still challenges me.  The weight loss was significant and I learned the value of enjoying good food without over-indulging.  I also put things in perspective as to what is genuinely satisfying when it comes to eating.

Having recently been in the situation where my lack of resources required me to meter food consumption carefully, I have developed a better aspect of this.  When it comes to food, I think the need for fat souls is greater than we realize.  The problem we fail to address is gratitude for what we have.

We pursue more experiences or become slaves to eating or not eating.  The aspect is supposed to be gratitude for what we are given by the Father.  Instead, we chase after food or misuse it.  We love the food and not faithful following as our priority.  Then we wonder why we are dissatisfied with what we have obtained.  This is just what the Father is getting at in Psalm 106 when he sends leanness to their souls 

In every interaction about food, Jesus reminds us to depend on the Father to provide and to be thankful.  We are to seek the Father and allow him to provide for our needs.  That is what fattens our souls Dear Reader.  When we pursue the food, we will always hunger for closeness to Christ.  When we follow Christ, he promises that we will never lack anything that we need.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Twitter            

No comments:

Post a Comment