15 October 2019

Plenty’s Horn ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

“In easy state upon this couch, there sat a jolly Giant, glorious to see; who bore a glowing torch, in shape not unlike Plenty’s horn, and held it up, high up, to shed its light on Scrooge, as he came peeping round the door.  ‘Come in!” exclaimed the Ghost.  ‘Come in! and know me better, man!’” – Charles Dickens

What we call here Plenty’s horn is the cornucopia.  It is that symbol we associate with the harvest, Autumn, and abundance provided this time of year.  Whether you acknowledge that these things come from the Father or not, we must agree that the provision comes from somewhere. 

It is in this that I begin to think this time of year of how we meter things that relate to our treatment of each other.  As my heart turns toward the closing of the year, I long to see the abundance of good things for everyone.  I wish for all of my fellow humans to see the abundance of love and grace that flows from the Father in a constant stream from which we are all free to drink.

As I prepare my heart for the seasons of gratitude and giving, I want to begin to ponder deeply the things that we have in abundance to share with others.  I am not speaking of the material but the intangible.  Like the Vikings did, I wish to pass around the drinking horn from which we can take in our fill of things that help and heal.  We can also, in turn, pour those things out to others without fear of having less for ourselves.

Please, Dear Reader, walk with me as we examine the many things that we have in such deep abundance that we can constantly give them away and never have less to give.  We will also never lack from doing this.  In truth, we will be nourished by the sharing of them.  As always, I treasure your thoughts and questions.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Twitter            

No comments:

Post a Comment