18 January 2020

Liturgy of the Common Man ~ Party Like It's 1984


Greetings Dear Reader,

If you have not read 1984 by George Orwell, you must.  Further, I think we do not believe or realize just how much the Liturgy of the Common Man pushes us toward having our thoughts policed by others.  The common cant in the world insists that if we disagree with the current groupthink that we hate those who think it.

I realize that all sounded very political but I am reaching for something beyond that.  We talked about political correctness yesterday.  What concerns me is that there is a great lie that is perceived as truth in a culture where perception is reality.  Not only is there a rejection of thought contrary to acceptable thought.  There is anger and vitriol behind the perception that gets applied to everyone.

It is not enough in the Liturgy of the Common Man to say the acceptable words.  As with all liturgy, the words only have value if there is belief behind them.  Many in this liturgy think that if I do not believe in their particular cause that I hate them.  If I disagree on a hot social issue with the commonly accepted thought, it is assumed that I am phobic, greedy, and filled with hate.

It is completely possible to disagree about something and still love the person with whom one disagrees.  I do not hate anyone.  I also do not agree with some positions that are deemed the “right” way to think.  I do not have to agree with anyone on any political issue to want every human to have vital compassionate healthcare.  In fact, if I politicize this at all I am violating the very ethic that is core to following Christ.  I am to love every human and wish them the very best in all things. 

We have seen throughout history that eventually the Liturgy of the Common Man demands that we agree with them completely or we be condemned as haters and outcasts.  Both those who claim to be Christian and those opposed to Christianity have canted this demanding the proper thoughts and response.  It reaches the level where we abuse, debase, and kill those who do not embrace our beliefs. 

It comes to the point where children in cages and murdering babies in the womb seem like good things to do to each other.  Depending on where you go for your liturgy you land on one side of this or the other.  Why can we not agree that anything that hurts children in any way is the wrong belief, thought, and action?  Instead, we get caught up in a frenzy of worship involving our own beliefs demanding that others serve the belief over the love and compassion that are supposed to be its hard deck. 

I am required to love everyone.  I am obligated to show kindness, grace, and mercy in every situation.   So, are you Dear Reader. Not only will this fly in the face of the Liturgy of the Common Man.  It will surely garner accusations of hatred when I show love and do not agree with the proper group think.  If any thought or belief requires me to hate anyone, then I will not think those thoughts or believe those things.  If I am going to follow Christ, I cannot dismiss any human for any reason by refusing to love and respect every life.  That is the journey.  That is our purpose.  Any political or social agenda that requires otherwise is the cant of bad religion, even when called by those who do not believe.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon                   
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Twitter        

No comments:

Post a Comment