11 January 2020

Back to Normal ~ Anticipated Angst


Greetings Dear Reader,

I was reading about the formation of community this past month in anticipation of our weekly life-group study being on that topic.  We have a central book that we will go through and I will read that on pace with the group.  I do, however, like to be up to speed on the current thought in the area. 

One of the thoughts that reached deep inside of me was an analysis of how people think about each other.  The summation was that so many people walk around interacting with others wondering, “how are you going to hurt me.”  This struck me at a very visceral level.  It is at the core of the fear that keeps us from loving others and causes us to take offense so easily.

From our view God to our thoughts about the stranger on the corner, we have adopted a culture of fear and anger.  We have turned pain into anticipation of pain and angst.  We debilitate ourselves because of what “might” happen.  We use our vast creativity to imagine things and base our lives on those horrid imaginations.  Imagining the worst becomes our normal when we are supposed to anticipate the Father doing better than the very best we can imagine.

The journey we are on does have real pain and danger.  We do have fears and angst.  We also build a culture around it where we imagine the worst and sometimes aid in creating it.  If we proceed instead to do everything out of love and create a norm where we are unoffendable, we can possibly find a path where things are more beautiful, richer, and deeper.  We can have lives where the offered angst of others washes over us.  We can refuse to have that norm be ours.

As I draw toward the close of this short series, I plan to focus for a few days next week on the core of my platform for this year.  I wish to build on the foundation of love in every moment a year’s worth of learning to be unoffendable.   This will help me to love others at every turn.  It will also keep me from carrying anger or hurt for too long.  It will limit the avenues through which I can be angered or hurt.  I look forward to the ways in which this unfolds and hope that you can walk with me.  I always value the ways we navigate the journey together.  As always, your thoughts and questions are precious to me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium          Instagram 



No comments:

Post a Comment