01 January 2020

Carrying Christmas in my Heart ~ Let it Be


Happy Christmas and a Joyful New Year Dear Reader,

I have considered often writing a novel about the life of Mary.  I realize that there is a great deal out there already and have not yet found a thread worth following.  I do, however, find great love and respect for her.  This is the day we celebrate her during the Twelve Days of Christmas.

I will not get into a discussion about the high regard she is given by some as it is not discussed biblically.  I would rather see what she teaches us there about faith and following.  I have always wanted to have the instant, obedient faith that Mary shows when Gabriel speaks to her.  It is her answer, short and simple that reveals her character.  And Mary said, ‘I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your words, and the Angel went away from her.

Once the Messenger Angel, Gabriel has confirmed that her current state is not a hindrance for the Father, she chooses faith over the other obvious challenges.  She will still have to explain things to Joseph, her family, and perhaps the Temple Priests.  In her time, pregnancy before marriage could be a death sentence. 

Still, her response is what draws me.  “I am the Lord’s servant.”  What if our responses are the same all year long?  What if we choose to live each moment with that in our hearts?  I long to do this.  I want it to be instantly my attitude and action.  As I map the first steps of my journey in a new month, year, and decade, my plan is to build on my foundation of love, an attitude to be unoffendable. 

At the core of this is Mary’s attitude.  I am the Lord’s servant.  This means that anything that comes at me has his allowance and that I am to see him in the allowing.  This does not mean that he approves of the evil things that occur.  It does mean that if I am seeking his presence in the instant of the offense, I need not be offended because he is there with me.  My faith in his love for us all is enough.  I may feel anger or sadness at the sin that causes the action or words.  I must, however, stand firm on my foundation of love and become aware of the love Jesus is trying to express to the one seeking to harm or offend me. 

There is nothing that will come into my life where the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are not trying to express love.  If I spend my energy being offended, then I am not looking for the love expressed in the moment.  Further, I am not expressing love either.  If, as I surmise it to be, the narrow way is love in every circumstance, there then can be no room for offense.  This will not be easy but it is where I plan to walk.  Please do not consider this a challenge (wink, wink).  After we reach the Feast of the Epiphany, we will discuss this in earnest.  Until then, I will leave you with my thought that if the Father allows it, then I must let it be as he allows.  My recourse is to find him and his love in the allowing.  Feel free to share with me your thoughts, Dear Reader.  I pray for you that the new year is filled with joy and blessings as we journey together.

Mary’s Song – Petra

Hold that blanket closer Mary dear
All the world waits with you for your day
But for now, the wind is cold and it's drear
And Bethlehem's still so far away
Do you remember the way you felt back then?
Joy and wonder filled your soul and when
The angel slipped away
You knew your life would never be the same

And now you're traveling, traveling on a road to Bethlehem
Wandering thoughts fly away
If you knew the road that lay ahead of Him
Would you break down and cry?
Your child is born to die

Feel that hand of strength upon your own
A husband's love that guides along the way
And as his understanding has grown,
His hopes too are centered on that day
For do you remember the way he looked back then,
Pain and sorrow filled his eyes until when
The angel came to say
The Savior's birth was meant to be this way

And now you're traveling, traveling on a road to Bethlehem
Wandering thoughts fly away
If you knew the road that lay ahead of Him
Would you break down and cry?
Your child is born to die

Think back on that promise you received
For him in whom the prophets long believed
Now belongs to you, you've been chosen too
But He's the One Who's gonna shine
We call His name Jesus, Immanuel
He'll save His people from sin and hell
And of His kingdom, there will be no end

And now you're traveling, traveling on a road to Bethlehem
Wandering thoughts fly away
If you knew the road that lay ahead of Him
Would you break down and cry?
Your child is born to die

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon                   
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook  Twitter        
Medium     Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment