31 January 2020

Songs in the Darkness ~ Touching the Untouchable


Greetings Dear Reader,

From this rocky perch, I'll continue to search
For the wind and the snow and the sky

You saw my rocky perch yesterday, shrouded in clouds and rain.  Today I would have you see it in all the sunshine and glory it holds.  You see, beneath that curtain of clouds lies a vast beautiful valley that stretches to mountains in the distance.  In the bloom of Spring, this place is indescribable. 

Whilst in the clouds, during my prayer time, I searched for the wind and the snow and the sky.  I could see some effects of the wind.  But as Jesus pointed out long ago, one can hear the wind but does not know where it comes from or where it goes.  I think the metaphor here is much for vital than tracking the drifts and eddies of a river of air.

The wind, snow, and sky hold the elements of exploration and adventure for me.  They are the edge of the unknown.  Jesus further said when he spoke of the wind, “so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”  I have a deep and growing longing to be like the wind.  I long to appear and do what I am meant to do, then move on to the next place where I am meant to do something different.  I long to be as mysteriously beautiful as that snow, to reflect its reminder that even the winters of life have artistry, and to always seek the sky.  I have always wished to live in space. 

The time alone and in rebuilding my heart has made me hunger for the journey to be always consuming me.  I want to be in the wind, bourn on and born of the Spirit.  I long to see where the journey leads me so that I can in some way benefit others through it.  I wish to sit at fires unexpected, arriving exactly when I am meant to; giving love, joy, and hope where I may.  Then, when the wind is up, travel on to the next place where kindness, grace, and generosity may need a nudge or some reassurance.    

In the midst of all this hunger is also the value of patience.  I must not force or push any of the things I desire even the ones I feel the Father has put in my heart.  I must prepare, work, and wait.   I long for my writing and the road to be the remainder of me but only when the Father feels I am ready.  I do feel strong and alive but I also feel the call to move onward, outward, and ever homeward.  Oh, that we all had the courage to be bourn only by the Spirit along every road we take. 

I realize that the tone and timbre of this is different to you Dear Reader.  The songs in the darkness can become dirges if we do not remember the one who calls us.  No matter the circumstance or situation, it will not last Dear Reader.  It may hurt or be lonely.  We may not be able to see how we will get there.  I must realize that there is always still that beautiful place beyond the clouds even when I cannot even catch a glimpse of it.  My journey will get me there eventually if I just keep walking in faith.  Your company is a treasure in this.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment