10 January 2020

Back to Normal ~ Meat Tenderizer


Greetings Dear Reader,

Have you ever considered how meat tenderizer works?  “The two main ingredients in most powdered tenderizers are papain, found in papayas, and bromelain, found in pineapples. Both enzymes attack the muscle fibers and the collagen webs that holds them together. This softens the meat and makes it more tender. It is also why you cannot put raw papaya or pineapple in gelatin desserts. The papain and bromelain break down the gelatin, just as they do the collagen in meats.”

That will handle the cooking lesson for the morning except to remind us that meat is muscle tissue.  That is important to my thoughts this morning.  You see, the heart is a muscle.  The holiday season acts as a meat tenderizer on many people but we then get back to “normal”.  It is like we sprinkle meat hardener on our hearts.  The yielded grace, kindness, and generosity are locked back inside until the cycle returns. 

We do not have to un-soften our hearts.  We are not obligated to put away compassion and joy with the lights and wrapping.  It is always allowed that we have a heart that is loving and kind.  It can be hard to tenderize our hearts.  Fortunately, there is a remedy for that.  The Father wishes for us to remain tenderhearted towards him.  He says in Ezekiel, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.”

If we choose to avoid getting back to normal, we can create a new norm of tenderness to the Spirit moving us to continue in generosity, joy, kindness, and love. The way of things is to become closed to the joy that is available to us every day.  We can remain tenderhearted.  We can choose to set a new level in our lives. 

To continue to walk on the foundation of love, we must keep our hearts tender and pliable.  We have all had tough steaks that could have used some meat tenderizer.  We have all encountered people whose hearts are hard.  There are times when life pushes us to be hardhearted.  The busyness of business drives us to forget that other humans need the beauty of our kindness and love in every situation. 

I must have a laser focus on my love and kindness for others.  I must be so engaged in loving others that everyday offenses that harden my heart are ineffective.  I must yield to the Spirit moving me to keep the law of Christ in everything.  The law is founded on this, Dear Reader: loving the Father with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength and loving other humans unconditionally.  If we do this, our hearts become tender.  We may be hurt or saddened by others but we will not take up offenses.  I know that this is the path I must walk.  I hope you can keep me company on it.  I love you and treasure your companionship.   

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium          Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment