12 February 2020

Invincible Vulnerability ~ Proper Division


Greetings Dear Reader,

Jesus spoke of the way home being narrow.  Many theologians have tried to further pin down what he meant by this and there is much compelling reading about it.  I am not trying to say that I have found some new truth, but my perspective on this is different than most that I have read about it.

I humbly ask that you walk through this reasoning with me as it leads to our invincibility that allows us to be vulnerable.  It may also divide others and that is never my goal.  Still, the Word is that which divides the joints and marrow. 

Simply put, I will adopt Paul’s reasoning chain used in Romans 8.  On two occasions, in Matthew and in Luke, Jesus tells us that the way is narrow and difficult to find.  He also says that he is “The Way, the Truth, and the Life.”  Let us then consider what Jesus says about the greatest commandment.

When asked, Jesus said the first commandment, to love the Father with all of our heart, mind, soul, and strength, is the greatest commandment.  He added, that the second is like it.  We are to love our neighbors.   This includes friends, family, actual neighbors, acquaintances, and enemies.  We cannot keep the first command without keeping the second.

This thinking about love gets a great deal of argument when applied situationally.  Taken to a logical conclusion, if we hope to follow Christ, we must love everyone no matter what he or she has done to anyone.   There is no act that mitigates the command for us to love others.  That, Dear Reader, makes the broad stroke to love everyone a very narrow path to follow.

Since all the Law and the Prophets are built on the first and second command, the path to righteousness is built on this very difficult idea.   The way home is through love that is impervious to whatever has been done.   To me, it is the hardest teaching.   It is the most difficult path to follow.

If I rightly see that following Christ is the way home, then I must obey his greatest commands.  If then, I strive to do that, I will be both impervious and vulnerable.  I will see the needs of others and have compassion for them.   I will also be protected from the hurt and attacks that besiege all humans.   Impervious vulnerability through love is very narrow thinking.   I hope you can join me in the way.   It may be that struggling against loving our enemies is what really causes most of the damage.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment