10 February 2020

Milestone ~ Morning and Evening ~ Morning

Greetings Dear Reader,

My pastor in Madison and I share a birthday.  He has announced his retirement next year.  I also share a birthday with my closest friend, he is eight years my senior.  He turns sixty today.

My friend and I were discussing the many changes we have seen in the last year.  We speak almost daily of the many good things we have in life.  We talk about the adventures yet to come.  Our conversations are almost always hopeful and positive.

He was telling me that he used to be very demanding about his birthday and it was a cause of stress for his family.  Then, he said this to me about ten years ago.  “What if we adopted the attitude that we will see who celebrates us, even in the smallest way, and be thankful for that?”

It has been quite the experiment.  There are still wants and desires associated with this annual mark.  I have learned though that part of faith and following is giving those up and finding gratitude in what is instead of hurt in what is not.  When the day rolls around, I long to live it well.  I long to show gratitude for the last year by living the next one better.  Your company is always welcome when I celebrate, Dear Reader.  I am very thankful for you.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment