10 February 2020

Milestone ~ Morning and Evening ~ Evening

Greetings Dear Reader,

I lived the day as if it were the kind of day I long for my routine life to echo.  I arose at my normal time, even though some friends thought I would sleep in today.  I did my Bible reading, prepared first breakfast, wrote my BLOG and went out for my prayer time. 

This is the usual start to my Monday through Friday.  Today, however, after that I lived what I long for daily.  I spent the morning writing, editing, and marketing.  I spent the afternoon visiting friends, talking of ways to love the Father more deeply, and being kind to people who needed it.  Dinner was a quiet time with family and kind words spoken to me.  My family offered blessings for my coming year that were beautiful and encouraging.

Other blessings throughout the day included getting to speak with my younger Son.  A friend making time to come pray with me at Morning prayer, another friend arising early to wish me a happy birthday.  All told it was a peaceful and fulfilling birthday.  My friend with whom I share this day and I have compared notes as we fielded the birthday wishes offered personally and on social media.

I long for the day when my income only comes from my writing and I am free to be where I wish, caring for the needs of those who I can; following the Wind where he wishes me to be.  Perhaps the many things in the pipe will make it so.

As I close this day with pipe and bowl, I wish to thank you for your kindness and love along the way.  The journey is rich and beautiful whether the day is bright and fair or cold and raining like today.   Your presence, the one we follow, and the journey itself make it so Dear Reader.  

Tomorrow, we will take up the thoughts and questions that lead us home.  We will return to the path having marked this milestone.  We shall begin by taking a look at something that will help us become lovingly unoffendable.  I warn you that in the midst of all this beauty and grace we share, this effort becomes challenging and dangerous.

I will light my Cavendish and sip my Writer’s Tears whilst I ponder the evening and you Dear Reader.  Sitting by the fire, I will dream of the things that we can find as we journey.  I am thankful for you.  I treasure our time together.  I love you.

I Sit Beside the Fire and Think – J.R.R. Tolkien – Performed by CamillasChoice

I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen,
Of meadow-flowers and butterflies in summers that have been
Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were,
With morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair

I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be
When winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see
For still there are so many things that I have never seen,
In every wood in every spring, there is a different green

I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago,
Of people who will see a world that I shall never know
But all the while I sit and think of times there were before
I listen for returning feet and voices at the door

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment