29 February 2020

Read the Label ~ Closing Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

I often find labels in English from other countries quite entertaining.  The first laptop docking bay I owned had a bright yellow label.   It read “This Unit Must be Earthed!”  The instructions for my wireless phone charger insist that I not use it for a coaster or try to warm children with it.  My keyboard advises me not to use it in the shower.

The labels on things are often necessary.  Sometimes, however, those creating them do not understand how to communicate with us.  The same danger exists when we label each other.  We cannot know someone well enough to label them for others.  Further, I think there is a better way to approach our interactions with each other.

When someone tries to engage me in conversations that involve labeling others, I have a new response.  Instead of reading the label they point out to me, I want to be present as to the uniqueness of the individual.  My response is, “thank you for wanting to share with me.  I am trying to hone my skill at discovering who someone is on my own.”

In some cases, labels are necessary and vital.  When it comes to humans, I prefer the labels that the Father has already given them.  You see, Dear Reader, the Father calls us all his own.  We are fearfully and wonderfully made.  We are loved, unique, and being perfected.  Further, the Father makes it clear that every human is worthy of my love.  Those are the labels we are required to observe.  That is how we are supposed to treat each other.

The reading of labels, signs, and milestones along the journey is necessary.  We must pick and choose carefully the labels we assign and affix.  When others wish to label us, we are not required to believe those labels.  We are not bound by them either.  What matters is how the Father labels us.  Perhaps if we focus on that, the labels will be fewer, kinder, and more honest.  As we walk together, I will not label you.   Perhaps we can work together to see past the labels given to others that are not true.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment