31 March 2020

Infusing Faith ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

My mind has already turned to what will be a very different Holy Week this year.  Before I begin that series, I want to address the underpinning thing that makes it all possible.  I have written often about faith.  I suppose I want to be a little practical about how we can actually use faith in a time where things seem so out of control.

I want to call to mind that we all believe in something.  We all have faith in an ideal, a thing, or a person.  As someone who has chosen to follow Jesus Christ, I put my faith in him, the Father, and the Holy Spirit.  I do my best to live out that faith and when I fail to, I count on the grace and mercy promised by the Father. 

I am not going much deeper down that path but I want to be clear about where I am coming from as I begin these few days of practical faith concerns.  We can say that we do not do anything that requires faith.  We do.  We eat food that we have not prepared.  We drive on the road next to others at high speeds.  We sit on chairs without testing them first.  We exercise faith every day.

What I wish to do to prepare my heart and mind for Holy Week is to examine some practical ways to use my faith.  I wish to be very simple and clear that faith must be a part of every aspect of what we do.  There are no issues or incidents that are outside of our faith. 

Please journey with me through a few days of practical faith application so that we can better prepare for the challenges ahead.  If you do not share my faith, Dear Reader, you will at least learn how those who claim to follow Christ should act. We are all crooked sticks, so please do not judge us too harshly.  As always, your thoughts and questions are welcome.  You make the journey sweeter.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment