25 March 2020

What are we Hoarding? ~ The Mind Killer


Greetings Dear Reader,

When I was a lad, I had a very unfortunate encounter with some sand spurs.  These are the tiny balls of infinite spiky pain one encounters on beaches.  I was walking through the sand barefoot and stepped into a thicket of them.

I immediately sat down and tried to grab the large string of spheres embedded in my small foot.   Many of them obliged, released their grip on my foot, and buried themselves in the palm of my hand.

Clenching the palm of my hand, I realized that the spurs embedded in it were now also impaling my fingers.  I was young enough that fear of pain replaced sound thinking rapidly.  I sat there in the sand, crying in pain, and alone.  The only thing that had sway over me was my fear and it was quickly evolving to panic.

A lady on her way to the beach spotted me and came to my aid.  The focus of this writing was that I refused to open my hand because I knew it would hurt.  My fear of the pain prolonged my pain for hours.   The fear controlled my thinking and my actions. 

Holding onto my fear required that I hold onto my pain and prolong it.  That little boy on the beach held his tight-fisted grip on pain because of his fear of pain.  This is what we all do.  We fear the pain of working through our pain.  We refuse to move.  When I hoard my fear and keep it to myself, I am holding onto the source of my pain as well.

During this time of trouble, we all will feel fear.  What we must do is talk to each other.  We must share our fear and not hold onto it because we are afraid of the pain.  Fear short circuits our thinking and kills our reason.  When we hoard it, fear damages us further.   We need to remember that none of what we are facing is a surprise to the Father.  He knows how he will care for us in this.

I must not embrace fear.  I must not hoard it and neither should you Dear Reader.  We cannot afford to sell it to others or make it the center of our being.  We must keep moving forward together and share our fear.  The only way out is through.  We can see one another past the fear in love if we are willing.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment