11 March 2020

The Impossible ~ The Water Before the Water


Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the things that seems impossible to me is to further reduce my consumption.  I think that then I laugh as new ideas surface as to how to accomplish it.  I have determined that I am going to focus on my water usage as preparation for the realization of Project Tortoise Shell.

In that pursuit, I have tried to measure out the water I consume each day and the way in which I obtain it.  In my apartment, I have readily available water.  Once I have my motorhome (Tortoise Shell), I will not.  The model I am seeking has a 26-liter fresh water tank.  This will matter.  In that knowledge I am trying to learn better discipline with water consumption.  I may write a longer piece about everything I am doing but today I want to focus on the water I drink as plain water.

If I am supposed to consume three liters a day, I need to have that much available to me.  This does not count the water needed for cooking, bathing, washing hands, and toilet flushing.  This morning I needed to wash a dish.  For this, I needed hot water.  I have wondered in the past how much water it takes to get it from the heater to my faucet in my apartment.

Having wondered and then measured, I know it is almost four liters.  This means that I can fill my two 1.5-liter bottles and my 1-liter bottle with water whilst waiting for the hot water.  When I do this, I have water for the day at my desk without having to get up.  I also have a 5-liter jug if I need to get to hot water from the sink at another time during the day.

When I first considered it, managing my water this way seemed impossible.  Now that it is a habit, I realize that I save time and water.   Since it is normal, I understand how much water is wasted simply waiting for the hot water.  The water before the hot water is good water.  Adding the step of capturing it for later use has saved me much time in the day filling my vessels. 

If I can manage this simple change in habit just to reduce water consumption, in what other areas can I achieve what seems impossible?  If we break down all of the things we think, say, and do we can discover healthy efficiencies that seem impossible at first.  We can turn gaps in our intention into intentional acts of kindness, grace, and love. 

The jump from saving water to loving my fellow humans is not that far.  I recently mentioned to my friend Kim that one of the first instructions given to humans by the Father was to care for the planet.   Proper planetary stewardship is part of loving the Father with all that we are; the first commandment.  

I cannot honestly say that I follow the Son if I am not doing all that I can to love the Father.  If I focus on this, Dear Reader, then every act of consumption must be intentional, thoughtful, and loving.  That seems like a great way to turn the impossible into possible one liter of water at a time.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment