17 March 2020

Slow Down ~ Turn the Page


Greetings Dear Reader,

I promised to suggest some things to do with your time.  According to the Pew Research Center, in 2019 roughly a quarter of U.S. adults (27%) say they haven’t read a book in whole or in part in the past year, whether in print, electronic or audio form.  As an author, this really hurts my feelings.  This means that for one-quarter of you, there is a zero percent chance of you buying my books. 

Since we are to shelter in place as much as possible over the next fortnight, I would suggest that you take advantage of Amazon’s amazing delivery options.  You can order many books to journey through and catch up on your reading time.  This link will take you to my Author Page on Amazon and this one will take you to My Publisher. 

What is more important, is that you read.  Reading feeds the mind and nurtures the soul.  It takes our focus off of the problems and allows us to escape from worry.  Books do not have commercials or news breaks.  One can dive into a world where anything can happen.  In Star Trek: The Next Generation, Guinan, the Enterprise bartender says, “Books can take you places a Starship can never go.”  Ponder that for a moment.

Some of you are thinking “but I do not read books.”  No one does a good thing until they do it.  Your past need not be your future.  There are great books out there that can take you on adventures whilst you sit in your comfy chair and enjoy your favorite beverage. 

Books change us.  They teach and guide.  They reward and warn.  If you dare you should read more.  I know I am going to do so.  I would prefer that all of you buy my books and read them.  I care more that you read.  As always, I would suggest that you share your thoughts and questions with me, but if you get lost in a book and forget to, that is a great reward.  You give me more insight when we share our book adventures together.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment