14 March 2020

Slow Down ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

I must confess that I am surprised that I am surprised at the response to the Coronavirus.  If you had told me a week ago that people would be panic buying toilet paper, I would have expressed greater confidence in my fellow travelers.  I even expressed this to some friends, thinking that people would ignore it.  To my chagrin, I was very wrong.

If I had considered it, we have been training to be fearful and panicked by this.  Our fiction and our fears have honed our ability to react in ways that are not the best.  We have taught ourselves to be led by our fears through our politics and entertainment.  We rush to react instead of thinking and responding.

With schools closing and events being canceled, we have an opportunity to slow down.  We have the chance to reconnect, unplug, and touch down in our lives in ways that we have not in a long while.  Since I have spent most of the last year doing this anyway, I wish to ponder how I can improve my walk with you during this time Dear Reader. 

I hope you will walk with me and share how you are going to make this time meaningful for you and yours.  Perhaps together we can turn reactions from fear into responses of faith.  The journey is about the one we follow and loving each other along the way.  Fear and panic have no place.  Let us slow down a little and see if we can gain some permanent changes that better suit our lives.  As always, I treasure your thoughts and questions.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment