12 March 2020

The Impossible ~ Not Forgotten


Greetings Dear Reader,

I recall an event from when I was four.  It may be earlier.  I know it was before the oldest of my younger siblings was born.  I was singing a song I had heard.  My mum asked me how I knew that song.  I said I had heard it on the radio.  It had not occurred to me that I had only heard it once.

It seems that I have the ability to hear a song once and retain most of the lyrics.  This complements that thing in my brain where I hear a song relative to almost every conversation that I am having.   I am able to carry music with me anywhere I wish.  It is entertaining for me when songs bubble to the surface and I immediately see how they relate to the current conversation.  Sometimes I can share this with the person because I feel the song will help him or her.  Mostly it is something that helps me understand the person better.

As part of this, I associate songs with people as well.  Almost all of my friends and family have a song that is “their” song in my mind.  It plays in my head when I encounter them.  It truly helps me assess my attitude about the person.  It also tells me a great deal about my instincts concerning that person when we first get to know each other.

What does all this have to do with making the impossible, possible you may ask?  It is impossible for me to remember all the songs.  I wish that I could.  What I do know is that there are songs surfacing that I have not considered in many years.  They are the “songs that the darkness composes to worship the Light.”  They spin on the turntable in my mind with the pops and crackles of an old LP. 

The songs remind me to constantly be aware that the time is coming when all the music that matters will be available to me.  The one I follow will bring about the harmony that can only exist in the one song that contains all songs.  This seems too simple I know.

It is, however, true.  There will come a time, outside of time, when the music is always there and it is always good.  Until then, know that in my heart and mind you have your very own song, Dear Reader.  I may or may not tell you what it is.  You are welcome to ask.  It is never bad and always reminds me how to love you.  We can sing together as we walk home.  I have been told my voice is passable.  What matters most is the growing catalog of songs that remind me to love others and by doing so, love the Father.


Please come close, for I long for you to hear
Hear the sound that will rid you of your fears
In a land, where no water can be found
In a place, where there is no fertile ground
Longing for, yearning not to be forgotten
In an age, when the music is forgotten
In an age, when the music is forgotten

And the truth (in the truth)
Speaks of great and mighty things
Teaching us (teaching us)
What the peace of heaven brings
We must give (we must give)
We must give to all the others; those in need (those in need)
Who we fear to call our brothers
Reaching out (reaching out)
So that we are not forgotten
In a time (in a time)
When the music is forgotten
In a time (in a time)
When the music is forgotten

If we stand on a hill and do not touch
How can we do good?
If we wash our hands of all our friends
What change can really come?
If we hide our fears and don't draw near
Have we really lived?
Or are we all just standing here
Hoping there is grace?

In a dream (in a dream)
That I had not long ago
Visions of (visions of)
A city made of gold
And a sound (and a sound)
That I never heard before
Such a sound (such a sound)
Saturating to the core
Such a sound (such a sound)
One that cannot be forgotten
In a time (in a time)
When the music's not forgotten

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment