29 May 2020

On Fear ~ But I Might Get Hurt


Greetings Dear Reader,

It is likely that I have written about love more often than any other topic.  It is the core of all that we are to be about.  It is also a source of great pain for many.  It would be irresponsible of me to not consider the fear that can accompany love.

The overarching truth about loving others is that people can hurt you.  They can break your heart and they do not always stay true to their promises concerning love.  I would say that if we dare to love, we are going to get hurt.  I will also say that it is worth it.

A further difficulty, one that plagues me, is that past hurts can cause one to resist being loved by others.  It is another way that I have foolishly tried to control my environment.  Instead of trusting the love of the Father to be sufficient for me, I try to control things. I resist that people express love the way that they are comfortable doing so. 

When we resist love, we create a burden for those trying to love us.  We become stony and we frustrate those who love us.  Our fear of receiving and then losing love causes us to resist it.  The only defense against this is to stop trying to be loved and to, instead, seek to love others.

In the words of Saint Francis, I must “seek to love, rather than to be loved.”  This will cast out my fear and perfect my ability to love others.  It will cause me to keep my eyes on Christ.  It will cause me to do less harm.  We fear love because we can be hurt.  What we must accept is that the love of Christ for us is sufficient and will not abandon us.

As we journey home, Dear Reader, we can spend our energy on fear.  We can also choose to spend it on loving each other.  We can hold ourselves secure in the love of Christ given to us freely.  It takes faith but I am learning how well it works.  We can discuss this all you wish.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 



No comments:

Post a Comment