28 May 2020

On Fear ~ What Might Happen?


Greetings Dear Reader,

Most of the time we have a fair understanding of what comes next.  Routines play out in our days and the ordinary is defined by repetition and patterns.  We take things for granted and expect things to unfold as we have foreseen whether it is brewing our coffee or purchasing a house.  In the large and the small, we expect things to unfold a certain way.

The problem is that when we forge patterns of expectation, they will include that which we fear.  We think about what might happen and plan for the eventualities suggested by fear.  It is not wrong to plan or think things through.  It is, however, dangerous to plan things based on fear.  If I plan things based on what might happen that is bad, I become trapped in living in my fear instead of in my faith.

This brings us to an understanding of the proper way to view the future.  I may plan and project all that I wish.  What I must include in that is a humble understanding that any of my plans are subject to the will of the Father and his grand design.  If then, I plan based on fear, I am neglecting both my faith and the grand design of the Father.  This means that planning anything based on fear is betting against myself and against God.  This seems unwise.

What I must do is plan my plans and dream my dreams based on the understanding that they must all align with following Christ.  I used to plan and dream by imposing my ideas on what I thought was good and right. What I was actually doing was keeping fear at bay through control and misaligned direction. 

I have learned that I must plan and dream within the bounds of following Christ and being with him in each moment.  If I follow Christ first in love, faith, and grace, his mercy and kindness will add in the things that my heart desires at the right time and in the right way.  If I believe that the Father supplies all my needs, then not having what I desire means that I do not need it yet.  I cannot afford to hold back from following because of fear or doubt.  That, Dear Reader, is just wasted creativity and empty faith.  What do you think?  How are you allowing fear to guide your choices?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment