07 May 2020

The One Ring ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

If you have not read The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, you should.  I say “should” about very few books.  Mostly it is the Bible, the aforementioned Tolkien books, and the ones I write.  There are others but that is an altogether different writing.

There will be spoilers if you have not read Tolkien’s books.  You have been warned.  I have met those who say with pride that they have not read these books.  I have met others who have only seen the movies and think they know the story.  I feel sad for both groups of people.  There is a depth of entertainment and learning to be had in those pages.

I want to concentrate on a central part of the plot of the books for a few days.  The Lord of the Rings focuses on the One Ring; introduced in The Hobbit.  In the stories, this is a ring of great power created by Sauron.  It is part of his plan to take over the world of Middle Earth.  We will visit more about that tomorrow if Providence allows.

What I wish to ponder about this story, to learn more about myself, is the character of the people who carried the ring.  Those who possessed it were influenced by it to one degree or another.  Who they were became important to the impact of that influence.  I would treasure your company, thoughts, and questions as I meander the road that leads from the Shire to Mount Doom and back again.

My hope is to learn better how to follow and if necessary, lead Dear Reader.  I do not want the latter but wish to refine the former.  I wish to do both well if I am to do them.  So, join me in understanding the influence of the One Ring and how it influences us as we journey home. 

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment