18 May 2020

Hold On ~ Lifting Legacies


Greetings Dear Reader,

I mentioned yesterday that I committed 2019 to make love the prime mover in all that I do.  It will take the remainder of my years to perfect this and likely more beyond that.  In order to do this, I must build on that foundation things that enhance my ability to walk the path.

If I am going to deal with all things in love, then that which offends me must be minimized.  I must not let the things that step on my pride or preferences yield offense.  Beyond that, I cannot afford the luxury of allowing my spirit to be offended on behalf of others.  In thinking about how to handle loving others at every turn, I realized that I need to become unoffendable.  As my friend Tripp says, “This unoffendable thing is not easy.”

I must love those who are being hurt or in pain because of others.  This does not allow me to withhold love from the person causing the pain.  This is a hard truth but it is pure truth.  I may take up the defense of others but never take up offenses on their behalf.  We can relay all the circumstances and scenarios we wish but none of them release us from the requirement to love everyone.

It is not loving to be offended by things on behalf of others.  It is wrong to harm anyone but we are not allowed to stop loving those who cause harm.  I need not belabor this Dear Reader.  I must be unoffendable for the sake of others and set an example of loving them and those that are their enemies.  It is not easy but it is true.  I must not lift the legacy of offenses and carry them with me.  If I am lifting offenses, I cannot hold on to love.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment