08 May 2020

The One Ring ~ Sauron


Greetings Dear Reader,

We first encounter Sauron in The Hobbit as the Necromancer of Gol Guldur.  We cannot understand his significance in this introductory aside.  Rather, he seems the distraction that allows the dwarves and Bilbo, our title character to find themselves alone on the edge of Mirkwood.  Gandalf must go to the south to root out Sauron.

This is one of the multitude of reasons that one must know these books to understand Tolkien and his intent.  Thousands of years before we begin our journey with the Hobbit, Sauron disguises himself and deceives the Elves into helping him make rings of power for Humans, Dwarves, and Elves.  He then secretly forges the One Ring to rule over all the other rings of power.  In doing this he poured much of his own power into the One Ring.

This is where we see the weakness of Sauron.  He values power even over his own essence.  He would rather rule than exist as a whole and wholesome being.  Even though his power is far greater than we imagine, he is not that much different from any who choose power over life and love.  Power, when we believe it is ours to grasp or wield, destroys our better natures. 

Any power we have comes to us from the Father and is loaned for the purpose of fulfilling his command to love always.  I do not want power.  I do, however, possess some and must be vigilant to wield it with love, humility, and wisdom.  I must never see it as mine.  I will not seek more. 

Recently I was offered leadership in a position that is significant and good.  It is not, however, part of the plan that the Father unfolds for me.  The temptation to take up this role was great.  The desire to lead and control is strong in me still.  I would do good in this role but it would not be because I was obedient or following well.  Eventually, I would ruin what I was doing and lose progress toward where the Father leads me.

I am here to become someone, not something.  I am reworking my heart and mind to love others and be unoffendable.  There are many things that wish to distract me from this.  As I seek to follow more truly, I must consider that power of any kind is dangerous.  The only power I must use is that given me by the Father and I am obligated to remember that it is his not mine.  Feel free do ask how I am doing with this, Dear Reader.  I will not retreat into Mirkwood or hide my intent.  Part of letting go of  power is being open and available; honest and accountable.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment