16 May 2020

Hold On ~ Waiting on Worship


Greetings Dear Reader,

“If you can keep your head when all about you   
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you…”  - Rudyard Kipling   

If I am going to hold on in the current distress, I cannot depend on or trust my feelings alone.  I know that in the past when I have been overburdened by circumstances, I have turned to wild, abandoned worship.  That is not bad but it is, for me, unhealthy.  It is only one side of the adoration coin.

You see, I am not truly worshiping for the sake of giving honor and love to the Father.  I am emoting in a safe way.  It may be that at times it even comes from a place of rage.  If then, I feel overwhelmed, overburdened, or overstimulated by pain or anger, I must wait to worship.  I must keep my head no matter what is going on around me.

As this occurred to me, I have taken a very calm approach to worship time at church and alone.  I sit during worship, taking in what is going on around me and identifying the feelings inside my heart.  I trace them to the thoughts that yield those feelings, pondering the thinking and the purpose behind it.  Once I know where my head is, I will find lines in the current worship song that reflect my honest thoughts toward the Father. 

Whether in corporate worship or alone, I speak clear thoughtful statements about my love for the Father and my gratitude for all he does for us.  I face how I am really thinking and yield my heart to things that honor God instead of emoting to squelch the undeniable voice of truth.  Shouting and dancing is just noise if it is not couched in the arms of truth.

We must hold on by keeping our heads.  We must think well and allow every true thought to have its voice in us.  I must meter my feelings based on truth and not make the feeling my truth instead.  I have to think and then feel.  When the truth that flows through my mind is good, then I can love through worship with abandon.  I must worship in spirit and in truth.  If I only worship in spirit I am leaving out half of the binary that connects me to the Father in the moment of adoration.

Whether it is a captivating sunrise or an act of kindness witnessed, I can take a beat to see the Father at work and express my love and gratitude for the truth of his presence in all things.  Part of learning to be in a constant attitude of prayer is seeing the Father at work in every moment.  I must wait to worship so that I hold on to the truth.  I must be sure that my heart and mind are aligned with the reality of the situation.  

If I worship to avoid dealing with the truth, I am taking the name of the Father for my own purposes; in vain.  That, Dear Reader, will lead to less truth and more pain.  That will destroy my ability to hold on.  As we journey together, let us keep our heads and share honestly with the Father what hinders us.  Then we can move past the obstruction and worship in spirit and in truth.  Then we will have the whole of worship to help us hold our place and travel onward.  We will be able to travel in the midst of where the Father abides.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment