20 May 2020

Hold On ~ The Gathering Darkness

Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the advantages in my living space is that if I turn off all the lights it is almost dark enough to develop film.  For those of you who do not know what developing film means, it is so dark you cannot see your own hand.  I use this to practice moving in the dark without bumping into things.  I am very poor at it.

Still, when I am awake in the wee hours and it is dark, I am not in complete darkness.  There is the light from the microwave clock, the LED lights from devices that are charging, and the tiny Christmas tree that sits on my desk, also provided by LED lights.  Even when the power goes off, my UPS has a row of small lights that cast their red glow across the floor.

We are rarely in total darkness.  Seldom do our lives become plunged into darkness so deep we cannot see.  Still, when I have been in a situation where I needed light, I have always wished that humans were bio-luminescent.  It would be nice if we could will light to shine from our foreheads or hold out a palm and light up our path.  I am captivated by this ability in marine life. 

When I ponder this, I am drawn to a realization.  No matter how dark it is or how deep my inability to see feels, I carry the most important security within me.  Instead of bio-luminescence, as Christ-followers we are gifted with Spirit-luminescence.  The Light of Christ dwells in us.  Even if we can only shuffle, we have a light that illumines the darkness.   We are supposed to be the light-bearers.  We are required to move through the darkness carrying the light of Christ, giving others something to which to hold onto. 

No matter how dark it seems, I have light and must use it.  I have a guide who will not abandon me.  I have the ability to use my faith to illumine any darkness.  I also need to remember that it is impossible to define darkness without speaking of the absence of light.  If therefore, we carry the light of Christ, then we are never in true darkness.  We can hold on because, in the deepest and most terrifying darkness, we are neither alone nor without light.

The journey is long and there will be dark times.  You and I, Dear Reader can find the light to share and help others along the way.  We can be a source of hope and light if we choose to see.  We can teach others to find the same light and follow it home.  No matter how dark it is, we can do that one thing that a journey requires; we can keep moving.
  
Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 
This BLOG:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/  

1 comment: