20 June 2020

Beauty and The Beast ~ The Beast Within


Greetings Dear Reader,

I think we have all heard the quote, “Remember that you are the villain in someone else’s story.”  Even the very best have detractors.  When we consider our own lives, if we are honest, we have harmed others, failed to love properly, and been a beast to someone.

If we only take a moment to look within, we know that we hide things that would horrify others.  We are rarely honest enough with our own souls to see it.  We spend great time and energy to hide and quell the beast within us.  One of the things we do that lies to us is that we compare our darkness to the rest of humanity instead of comparing it to the only standard: God.

I foolishly for years thought that I could hide the dark beast inside me by controlling the world around me.  Instead, I walked blindly through years not seeing how my attempt to hide the deepest layers of my sin only caused me to sin in different ways.  The hard layer of dishonesty about my darkness only produced pain for those around me.  Those who loved me would still defend, be loyal, and try to fix me.  It was not possible because none of them knew the root cause.

Until I began to face the beast within me, I had no hope of being anything good for anyone.  The damage in my youth that gave life to the raging monster was not my fault.  Failure to be honest with those that loved me about the challenge is all my doing.  Refusal to seek to be all that I told others they could be is all my fault. 

In attempting to finally deal with this, I must also accept that there may be no understanding from some.  The wounds are too deep or the Father has not brought us to the point of reconciliation yet.  It is the voice of that beast that wishes to demand restoration.  It is the voice of the Father that promises that when I need it, I will have it but not until then.

At the essence of recognizing the beast within is the understanding that I must seek to love the Father and those around me.  This starves the beast, weakens him, and allows me to live in truth.  If I spend my time doing that, I will not waste time trying to control or force things that are unhealthy.  We can only walk this path if we do so in truth, Dear Reader.  We can only find hope if we see the beast for what he is and take away his power. 

For so long I saw myself as only the beast and strove to hide him away.  I must see him for what he is and strive to give him no place or power instead.  If you are still walking with me, Dear Reader, I hope you understand.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment