01 June 2020

Second Thoughts ~ Power Nine Games


Greetings Dear Reader,

I am impacted by all of this.  I have watched people I love and respect be hurt by the violence that has erupted.  I have already written about my hurt over the death of George Floyd.  Tonight, I am feeling pain over the city I called home for twenty years, Madison, Wisconsin.

Several years ago, when the citizens of Madison felt strongly about the Governor’s actions, they protested peacefully for days.  Over the weekend, I have seen them protest peacefully again and then some people turn to the destruction of businesses that serve the community.  I wish to be clear that the protest, the lawful exercise of legal assembly was handled well by all involved.  It was afterward when a few individuals made their way down State Street damaging 75 businesses.

Madison Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway explained, "This was not a case of a protest turning violent.  This was a case of a protest successfully concluding peacefully and then a relatively small group of people causing violence and property damage." 

As I watched from my small hamlet in the Georgia mountains, I saw the damage done to a friend’s business.  Power Nine Games is the type of business that communities need.  Dan and Alex Bock provide access to supplies for the gaming community in Madison which is quite large.  I have done thousands of dollars of business with them and consistently see honesty, integrity, and quality in all they do for the community. 

Alex once made time to sit with me and go through my collection offering me a just price and stellar company.  Neither justice nor peace is served by damaging businesses like this one.  It does not help any community to destroy in protest.  I laud them for their response.  They are open and dealing with the damage with integrity. 

I feel the pain of my friends 800 miles away.  I ask that we understand that every act of violence makes things worse.  Nothing justifies destruction and looting.  I hate the violence we witnessed against George Floyd.  He is not honored by the actions of others that are violent and unjust.  His memory and the crimes against him should be the focus and not the rush to violence we see in so many cities.

Just as “every man’s death diminishes me,” every act of destruction and violence against a community diminishes us all.  Those who are angry have cause.  I, however, must also take the time to show love to my friends, who love their community and provide jobs and entertainment for it.

We cannot hope to bring about real peace until we see that all violence violates it.  Dan and Alex, I love you and am thankful for all that you do for Madison.  I will be by to see you both next time I am in town.  Madison, you handled the protest well.  I am saddened that some thought it a license to destroy.

I will do whatever I can to be an instrument for peace in this.  I hope you can walk with me, Dear Reader.  It is not about the property.  It is always about the peace.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 



No comments:

Post a Comment