22 June 2020

Beauty and The Beast ~ Caged

Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the difficulties in denying our darker selves is that the only one who does not see it is the one denying it.  We choose not to see what others see in us.  We think that we are hiding something that we have caged. 

We have all seen this in stories or in the life stories of others.  We think that we have caged the beast in us.  We believe that we are compensating for its rage by doing other things.  We believe we can live this way.

What I must do, and have just begun to do is face the deep darkness within me.  I must allow the Father to shine his light on that darkness and dispel it.  Honesty requires that I try not to cage it, but rather that I let it die.  I must give all of who I am to the Father including that which I would deny exists. 

I spent too many years trying to belie the existence of the things that must die if I am to truly live.  Fortunately for me, the Father is not surprised by this and has forgiveness, grace, and mercy to meet it.  There is no darkness that the Father cannot light with his love.  There is no darkness in me that cannot be chased away by the Light of the World, Jesus.

As I deepen my commitment to the Father, I am forced to see the things that I have not given over to him.  It is in the yielding of that which I have denied that I find the path to peace, Dear Reader.  It is in admitting to it that I find freedom.  As I have discussed this with those close to me, most have responded with a deep, loving connection that does much to heal my heart and dispel my fear.

It is much easier to fight the things that I do outwardly that fed this caged beast.   The cage is empty and the dark corners get light.  The battle against the things that make me wish to control and subvert is easier.  Anger flees from me as I fill the dungeon in my heart with love.  It is in this light that I must keep journeying home.  You of course are welcome with me, Dear Reader.

Empty Cages – Dan Fogelberg

Waiting in the wings your courage sings before you falter...
It's just another way to say what's there but never shows.
It's just another day to lay your sins before the altar.
And where it's going to end this time around nobody knows.

Every time it seems that you have gained an understanding
Those devils at your heels reach up and try to tip the scales.
Waking from a dream you see it's all been done without you.
And every vain attempt to make it stay is destined to fail.

Fury rages through your restless days
Shades of time that's gone before
Empty cages where the prisoner plays
'Til the door swings closed behind forevermore...
Evermore...
Evermore...

Long before we come of age, we yearn to leave the garden
And wrestle with a myth the hand of fate has faintly drawn.
But somewhere on the way, we feel our hearts begin to harden
And see just as we learn to turn around the garden is gone.

Fury rages through your restless days
Shades of time that's gone before
Empty cages where the prisoner plays
'Til the door swings closed behind forevermore...
Evermore...
Evermore...

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/  

No comments:

Post a Comment