13 June 2020

The Hard Path ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

The path we travel has both easy and hard days.  We want the easy days and avoid the hard ones when we can.  We make choices and sometimes the consequences of our choices are a hard path. 

It is true that we do not wish to walk the hard path.  It is real that the hard path is painful and trying.  Still, there are times when the only way out is through.  There are circumstances where taking the hard path is the only way home.  It is the only way out of the darkness.

This does not mean that we are noble or good.  It means that we do what we must to navigate the way to that which is good.  We avoid the hard path because it will hurt.  So often, the hard path sounds like a platitude; “just trust the Lord,” they say.   It is not a lie just because it sounds like placation.  It is part of what makes the path hard.  It is what pushes us toward the path of least resistance.

What I wish to explore is how we face a hard path and choose it.  I want to always choose what is right and good even if it is difficult.  My desire is to follow the path the Christ has for me even when it is not where I wish to go or when it is filled with pain.  I do not wish the pain of truths I dislike or consequences I have earned but if that is where Christ leads that is where I must follow.

I would value your company as I explore this, Dear Reader.  It seems that when we travel together it is easier to follow the path I must because I want to do what is best for both of us.  Mostly, I want to follow any path necessary to deepen my faith in and love for Jesus.  I wish to do whatever is necessary to love the Father with all that I am.  In this, I ask you to join me.  We are better together.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment