26 June 2020

Beauty and The Beast ~ Closing Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

Whether it is reading the original story or watching one of the Disney movies, I love this Beauty and the Beast.  It is a tale of love and redemption.  It reminds us all that love can overcome things far better than we imagine.

Still, there is horror there too.  We have a monster inside of us that is powerful and wishes to only serve himself.  We deny, hide, or indulge this beast as our mind wills.  We put the needs of the beast ahead of our obligation to love the Father and love all other humans.  We indulge the cravings that make us selfish and breed hatred.

I realize that sounds very dark but that is because it is.  There is darkness in each of us that is only eradicated by the love and light of Christ.  That light only enters by our allowing it, however.  Jesus does not force his way in but knocks and asks.

If I am to continue to keep the darkness at bay, I must see even the minor things in me that lead to rejecting the light.  “Just giving advice” leads to my desire to control.  If asked I will point out options but I must avoid the trap of telling others what to do about anything.  If pushed on the issue, I must lovingly point out that it is healthier for other to reason out their own choices through prayer and honest thinking.

When I show love, it must be without expectation.  I must not attach any obligation to love given or received save that of my obligation to love everyone without condition or expectation.  I must give with generosity and one the giving is done; I have no right or expectation of how my gift is used.  Kindness must be my way of life.  Anger has no right to life beyond the day and it is better dispatched quickly.  Offenses are optional in the adopting.  It is better to leave them lie and be lovingly unoffendable. 

All of these things keep the darkness illuminated.  I am not there and have very far to go to be there.  I was reminded by someone I love that I am better than I was.  I celebrate the love and mercy of the Father that has my life in a place where others benefit.  The beauty of this constant vigilance is that when every thought is being trained to love others, the journey is consumed by working to love others.  It is steeped in working to love the Father.

There is a Beast in me who still rages to have his way.  The beauty is that the love of Christ and of those who see me working to no longer be that man is given freely without my demanding it.  It is rich and sweet and I treasure it, Dear Reader.  When we journey together showing each other love with no other agenda, the travel is where the beauty is.  I love you, Dear Reader.  This tale is truly as old as time.  I am thankful that we are in it together.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment