27 June 2020

Your Brother’s Keeper ~ Opening: We have some thinking to do


Greetings Dear Reader,

I have to admit that the evolution of this year has troubled me on a deep level.  I am not fearful or angry.  Instead, I see us descending into things that are unhealthy for us as humans.  Like so many societies before us, we are choosing division over unity.

I think about Cain after he has killed Able.  He asks the Father, “Am I my brother’s keeper.”  The Father’s answer to him is what we miss, I think.  “His blood cries out to me from the ground for justice.”  The Father is concerned about justice from the beginning.  The difficulty is that we only see justice from the perspective of our cause.

I want to ponder what my real responsibilities are relative to other humans.  I need to look at the cries for justice in light of who my brother is, what injustices are real, and what I am to do to be a real keeper of my brother.  It is always my responsibility to keep my brother when I can.

I begin with this thought, Dear Reader: I know that the needs of others are to be a prime mover for me.  Jesus made it clear that our material possessions do not matter as much as the needs of others.  Perhaps, if we were giving more to the needs of others, they would not be motivated to take it. 

As a Christ-follower, I am required to consider the needs of my brothers and sisters who have been treated unjustly, are in need, or are bereft of hope.  Protesters who are angry are not exempt from the command to show love for their neighbor and enemy in all they do.  Police officers are obligated to look beyond the brotherhood to the needs of every fellow human.  Those looting are not being good to their brother or sister. 

We are all guilty and have some thinking to do about our actions and attitudes.  There is no such thing as more or less guilty when it comes to failure to love as we should.  I invite you to look with me for thoughts that lead to love and peace so that we can guard against the things that have crumbled other societies to dust.  As always, Dear Reader, I welcome your thoughts and questions.  The path may be hard but we can navigate it together.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment