06 June 2020

Grief to Grace ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

When we determine that we are going to lay aside fear and anger, we do not get the luxury of a vacuum.  Once we confront the things that breed fear and anger in us, there is often grief.  It hurts more than the fear or the anger because those things were meant to mask it, protect us from confronting the grief.

Grief can be so powerful and debilitating.  If not dealt with properly, it can lead to depression, more anger, and bitterness.  It can cause us to abandon all that we value and perhaps ruin our lives. 

What I must do is keep abandoning my fear and anger as well as grieve the things that caused it.  I have barely begun to acknowledge privately the fear and anger that influenced my thinking for so long.  I have found the void left behind to reveal great grief over my losses and failures.  Some of them are recoupable and redeemable.  Some things are seemingly beyond hope.  I, however, am filled with hope and am just beginning to understand why.

It begins with a clear understanding of good priorities and flows into a realization of how that comprehension works out in daily life.  I am beginning to understand how to navigate the narrow road and give it broad application in my life.  What I must do is work through the path of grief to grace.  If that which we deal in is grace, I must sus out how to get there in every aspect of life.

I am not sure how long this process will take to think through but I know it will take the rest of my life to get there.  I promise not to write this series for that long.  I do intend, Dear Reader to ponder how to get from grief to grace for a bit.  Please walk with me and help me with your thoughts and questions.  They are part of the source of my hope.

Grace – Kate Havnevik

I'm on my knees
Only memories
Are left for me to hold
Don't know how
But I’ll get by

Slowly pull myself together
There’s no escape
So keep me safe
This feels so unreal

Nothing comes easily
Fill this empty space
Nothing is like it seems
Turn my grief to grace

I feel the cold
Loneliness unfold
Like from another world
Come what may
I won’t fade away

But I know I might change
Nothing comes easily

Fill this empty space
Nothing is like it was
Turn my grief to grace

Nothing comes easily
Where do I begin?
Nothing can bring me peace
I’ve lost everything
I just want to feel your embrace

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment