03 June 2020

God Hates This ~ Avarice


Greetings Dear Reader,

It bears repeating that even though there are things that the Father hates, he does not hate any human.  This does not mean that he will not sternly deal with those who oppose him.  It does not mean there is no judgment. 

The clear command for those who follow Christ is to be lovingly generous to everyone.  We see its antithesis in our culture today.  We define rich by a much narrower standard than God does.  We do have poor people in our society but most of us have more than we need.  We can all find ways to share better than we do right now.

Instead, we focus on those who are very wealthy and push the burden on them.  It is true that if they are given much, much is expected of them.  Everyone who has great wealth is required by the Father to do what he can to help others in need.  It is not wrong to be wealthy.  It is wrong to feed your wealth instead of feeding hungry humans.

But wait, there is more.  You see, Dear Reader, if I have more than I need, I am obligated to share what I have with others no matter how meager it seems compared to the very wealthy.  My time, materials, and money do not belong to me.  They belong to the Father and are entrusted to me for the purpose of showing love to others.  The Father hates avarice and loves generosity.

If I hope to follow Christ then I must be generous.  I must share what I have and never think of things more important the humans.  Nothing I “own” should be withheld when it is necessary to showing love to others.  Jesus was clear that we are to care for those in need.  The first council of the Apostles in Jerusalem concluded that we must care for the poor. 

The Father hates greed; avarice.   Greed is not limited to the rich.  We all practice at times.  We all are guilty of failing to share when we can.  We do not like to think this way because we want to think better of ourselves.  We feed our pride with greed as well.  We compare our good to that of those who obviously have more than us and think we are generous.  We are not.  We can all do more.  I know that I can and must.  Before I judge the very wealthy for their avarice, I must address the plank of my own greed.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment