15 June 2020

The Hard Path ~ Debts Owed

Greetings Dear Reader,

When I hurt someone, I incur a debt.  When someone hurts me, they too owe a debt.  It may be one of owing a simple apology or it may be that restitution is in order as a sign of understanding what has transpired.

When offenses are repeated, they have a cumulative impact on our hearts and minds.  It becomes apparent to us that the person causing the pain is not going to change.  Then there is the challenge of Christ’s instruction that we are to always forgive.  This becomes a hard path.  It becomes a path that is hard to walk.

No matter how heinous the offense, we are required to forgive.  I have written about and work at this often.  I must not fail to forgive.  That path when the offense is constant is very hard but I must walk it if I am to follow Christ faithfully.  I have failed at this before and likely will again.  That, however, is the beauty of forgiveness.   The moment I realize that I am thinking, feeling, or acting in an unforgiving way, I can choose the hard path.

It is the hard path that leads home in this instance.  When we pray for forgiveness in the model that Jesus taught, it is conditional.  It is measured in accordance with our willingness to forgive.  Then again, it is not.  We are forgiven by the Father far more than we are able to forgive.  He chose the hard path to extend forgiveness to us.  The path to forgiveness was the Son walking to the crucifixion.  It was watching his own creation reject him, curse him, and kill him.

When Christ asks me to follow him on the hard path of forgiveness, he knows what he is asking of us.  If he forgives me; cancels my debt, how can I not forgive the debts owed me.  When I choose the hard path of forgiveness, I choose the path of love.  When I do, I am assured that my burden on the path will be lighter. 

It does not make sense to our minds to forgive and yet it is the hard path that leads to something better at the end.  Eventually, forgiveness will win out.  I do not want to be one who failed to be a part of that.  I want to always choose the path of forgiveness when it is hard or easy, Dear Reader.  I want to find a way for us to walk it together in love and grace.  It is where we can find our joy together.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/  

No comments:

Post a Comment