24 June 2020

Beauty and The Beast ~ Original Endings


Greetings Dear Reader,

I think that most Disney movies are great entertainment for kids and for kids at heart.  The stories teach a lesson and end with the triumph of love in some way or another.  I am all for that.

We do, however, forget how these fairytales end.  The stories as they were written are quite grim.  In Cinderella, the original story has the sisters cutting off their toes to fit the glass slipper and ravens claw out their eyes on the way to the wedding.  Mulan is forced into prostitution and commits suicide.  In Beauty and the Beast, the Beast dies.

Yes, the Beast dies and we do not get the wedding dance ending that Disney provides.  We must understand that there was a lesson in this original ending.  The beast could not live on as a beast.  He had to die.

I came to the place where that within me that did not love had to die as well.  I spent too long trying to hide it.  I put too much emphasis on believing I could control it instead of giving my heart to the love that the Father offers and trusting him to kill the beast.  Not facing the depth of my darkness, the beast within me, caused me to let it live.

The idea of dying to self is key to following Christ.  No matter how many times we desire to make this true, it is a daily process.  It is moment by moment capturing every thought and putting the love of Christ in the center of our thinking.  In every thought, I must replace anything that is not loving with the seeking of Christ’s love for me and expressing that love to others. 

We cannot hope to finish this process until we reach the clearing at the end of the path.  In the end, however, the beast must die.  That within each of us that does not love and thinks only of itself must pass.  That which loves must live and grow strong.  I can only achieve this through the love of the Father and the grace and power given me by the Spirit.

I fiend also that as I begin to tell the whole of my story that others are encouraged.  Other find that they too can face their darkness and light it with the love of Christ.  As my eldest Son once wrote, this love is barrier crushing.  There will always be challenges to this whilst we live.  We can kill the beast, Dear Reader.  It begins with capturing our thoughts, facing our truth, and allowing the Father to show us how deeply he loves us.  When you are ready to deal with your darkness, I promise to love you as well.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook       Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment