03 October 2020

Blessed Darkness ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

How many sleeps?  I used to use this with my younger Son when he would be impatient concerning an impending event.  He was rarely mollified by my attempts but it made for some fun.  Neither of my Sons were afraid of the dark.


It is true, however, that all three of us have suffered from the quiet dark in some form.  Since I sleep very little to begin with, those struggles have been more problematic across my life.  Since I began to fill the darkness with good thoughts and proper focus, it is much easier.

When we work at thinking well, we can change almost anything.  We can establish patterns that heal our minds and rest our spirits.  Focusing on the things that draw me closer to Christ and refine my understanding of the truth helps.  The idea is that I must capture every thought, I must remember what is good in my life, and I need to pursue meditating on the things the Father promises. 

It is not the darkness that is the problem.  It is how I interact with it that causes me harm or gives me rest.  The darkness a blessing if viewed in the proper light.  I talked with a friend last evening and then went out to enjoy the light chill under that waning moon.  It was still bright and delightful. 

What I saw was the opportunity to change the way in which I use my time.  Wasting creativity on negative thoughts was burning away my nights.  Instead, I found that I can make progress toward following Christ more closely.

As we journey through the last ninety nights of the year, I hope you can find the blessings that are in the darkness, Dear Reader.  The love and grace that is there heals many fears.  I will revisit this as we approach October’s blue moon.  The time is ours do use as we wish We can agree to use it well and encourage each other along the way.  We only have 29 sleeps until we get there.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

"A cold-hearted orb rules the night; removes the colors from our sight, but we decide which is right and which is an illusion." - Moody Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment