19 October 2020

Tell Me What You See ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

We live in a world where too often people treat perception as reality.  From time to time I challenge my perceptions and assumptions to recount that they are based on reason and reality.  In the current maelstrom of media blitz regarding politics and social unrest, I hear a great deal about who Jesus is and what he would do.  People who do not follow Christ use him to support their own causes.  Those who do follow him treat him more like a weapon or a banner than like the King of Kings.


As I prepare my heart and mind for the most important time of year to me, I want to refine and clear my perspective on who Jesus is.  I am not talking about a simple admission of the usual church answers.  Rather I want to look at who Jesus claims to be and how that fits in my current attitudes about following Christ.

For those of you who do not share my faith, I offer this to refine your understanding of who Jesus is and how his followers should behave.  If you wish to ask specific questions about him, I will do my best to answer well.  For those who follow Christ, my intent is to examine exactly what the required points are in seeing Jesus and following him well.

Another clear statement is that I will not allow a pejorative or unloving post to remain on my site.  Honest questions are welcome and I do my best to respond to them publicly or privately in a loving way.  As we walk toward All Hallows Eve and the beginning of the journey toward the closing of the year, I wish to be certain that my mind is focused on the real Jesus and not what any culture makes him out to be.

As always, Dear Reader, your company on this path is welcome and valued.  The journey home is about following Christ.  It is vital that I follow what is real and not what some community or culture says he is.  Please join me on this leg of the journey and share your thoughts and questions with me.  After all, if we see Christ clearly then we also see the Father.  That is truly a great way to set our course for home.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

When someone mentions Jesus, what are the filters that we automatically drop into place?

No comments:

Post a Comment