31 October 2020

Second Thoughts ~ Once in a Blue Moon

Greetings Dear Reader,

I am writing this whilst sitting under the blue moon.  It is chilly but not cold.  This place and time holds a uniqueness that is rare.  A blue moon on All Hallows Eve reminds me that everything in the universe is sacred at some level.


From the moonlight stream through the trees to the pictures of my friend’s babies in their first costumes there are moments that will never be again.  I am smoking my Savinelli pipe, a gift from Avalon that I cherish.  In it part of my diminishing supply of McClelland Black Cavendish lends its fragrance and warmth to the pale night.  This pipe tobacco is an endangered brand as the company is gone and what remains of it are all that I will ever have.  Again, even my pipeweed is hallowed under the pale light of the blue moon.

 I ponder friends whose uniqueness I will never encounter again this side of Home.  I think about the friends and family that I love that are not with me for one reason or another.  They too are a portion of the universe that is singularly unique.   On my own for the most part for many All Hallows Eves, I have learned to use it to launch my way into the season of gratitude and celebration. 

Further, I consider my Children and Grandchildren.  Even if there are billions of inhabited planets out there, each person is singular in his or her place in the universe.  Those that descend from me are treasures to my heart.  I love them more than they can see and value them more than life itself. 

Some of the unique lights that have shown in my life did not make it to tonight’s blue moon.  I hallow them as well.  The deeper I dive into my understanding of Christ, the more clearly, I see that every star matters.  Especially important are the ones that dance through our lives and impart a bit of the divine to us when we let them. 

As I sit alone here under a cloud tattered Autumn sky, I see all at once how insignificant and how vital I am to the cosmic dance.  I feel a cosmic loneliness that draws me home and gives me pause at the same time.  I know that I have work yet to do.  There are unique souls yet to discover.  I do have a dream in my heart but it is difficult to dream without a fellow traveler. 

What I will carry is that even though I end most days alone, I can count the moments where I have brought light and hope to others and they comfort me.  I can look to you, Dear Reader, and know that even though you are silent most of the time, you are there.  I can look to my lonely, lovely Jesus in the garden, who longs for us to love every soul he made with the love that the Father has for him and there I can find companionship that is unique.  I can sit under the blue moon of All Hallows Eve and know that I am seen, and loved, and solitary in my existence.   I can love the One who split the darkness to give us light so that we could find our way home and never feel loss or lack again.  For tonight, as the cherry on my Cavendish winks at the moon, it is enough. 

Blue Moon – Lizzie Naylor

Blue moon you saw me standing alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own
Blue moon, you knew just what I was there for
You heard me saying a prayer for
Someone I really could care for
And then there suddenly appeared before me
The only one my arms will ever hold
I heard somebody whisper "Please adore me"
And when I looked, the moon had turned to gold!
Blue moon!
Now I'm no longer alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.” 
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook
Twitter        
Medium
 
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

 Like all those with the Blue Moon as their companion, you are unique in all that ever was, ever is, and ever will be and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment