05 October 2020

Cheshire Cat Theology ~ Slowly Disappearing

Greetings Dear Reader,

Over my lifetime I have been privileged to meet several famous people.  Most of them have been in the entertainment industry.  A couple of them are even family.  Some, over the years, have become genuine friends.  In most cases, I have been told that because I treat them as people, and not celebrities.


I have expressed before that I wish to earn my subsistence from writing alone.  Sometimes people will ask why I use a nom de plume.  It is because I do not wish to be famous.  I am not looking to be recognized or lauded.  I wish to tell my stories because I have something to say.  Everything I write has an anchor in the great story.

The Father is trying to return the universe to its original state of goodness.  I am a part of that story as are you and everyone else, Dear Reader.  Each of my tales contains the thread of redemption.  As the tag on my web page says, “Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.” 

As my writing becomes more successful, I need to recall the words of Jesus’ cousin, John.  When he was asked of the growing fame of Jesus, he expressed what is true for all of us.  He said “He (Jesus) must increase and I must decrease.  I want my words to reach others.  The teacher in me wishes to use fiction and fantasy to guide others closer to their own encounter with Christ. 

Like the Cheshire Cat, I would like to use my personality and uniqueness to draw others in but I also wish to fade from the picture as they encounter Jesus and learn of him.  In the past, when I have resisted fading from view, my smile has turned for others into a grimace and my presence become an intrusion.  I believe the first tenet of Cheshire Cat Theology must, therefore, be that I must fade from view when it is time so that others may see Christ without me getting in the way.

I love that we journey home together, Dear Reader.  When your journey requires that we walk at a different pace or on a different path, it is my time to fade from view and leave you with memories that warm your heart.  I will always welcome you at my fire and have a tale or two for your entertainment.  We both know that at the end of the journey when we reach that Undiscovered Country, we will sit together and rest in the love we have shared along the way.  It is worth fading now to get us closer to seeing each other then.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war with reality.”

No comments:

Post a Comment